Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Recap

Sometimes it feels like long weekends go by faster than regular ones. Why is that? Time flies when you're having fun I guess!

Saturday morning, I was about as lazy as I could get. Drinking my coffee watching the Food Network while my toddler terrorized the house and the dog. And you know what? I didn't care a bit. As long as he's not breaking things or hurting himself, sometimes it's best to just leave it be and relish in the quiet!


Saturday night I hit the town with my sister for her ten year high school reunion!! Her husband had to work and I know most of the people she graduated with so I tagged along as her date for the night. It was fun to slip into a pair of high heels, put on some lipstick and curl my hair - things I don't do often enough. Sometimes I need to remember that I really can wear more than just sweatpants and sports bras!



After a few too many beers at Three Brothers Brewery downtown, I realized just how OLD I've gotten. I'm one year from my own ten year reunion and all the memories from high school came flooding back. 

I thought back to the Friday nights at Spotswood High School, snuggled with my girlfriends under a blanket, barely watching the football game while we gossiped about the other people in the stands. My mornings weren't spent chasing a toddler around the house, they were spend in the hallway outside Ms. Casetta's room drinking our 7-11 coffee - always trying to get to school early so we could spend ten more minutes with our boyfriends. I remember sleeping in Mrs. Ballew's class when we were supposed to be reading and skipping my "Library Assistant" period to go have lunch and Friday night football games barely paying attention to the field, instead, my girlfriends and I were too busy gossiping to know what was going on. The night really had me reminiscing and got me super excited for my own ten year reunion. 

Sunday morning was spent at church, as usual, followed by lunch with my family and a quiet (HA!) afternoon letting the three toddlers run around my sisters house. 


I was feeling pretty icky all day but chocked it up to the beer I had on Saturday night but little did I know, I caught the stomach bug that was going around. After I got in bed around 10 on Sunday night, it hit me and I don't think I ended up getting 3 hours of sleep that night. 

Even though I was exhausted, I still got up, showered and rode with my girlfriends yesterday to Richmond for a day out of shopping and dinner at Maggiano's. Yes, I'm stubborn and probably should have stayed home but I had a great time after I perked up a little and enjoyed celebrating Kristin and Angie's birthdays - the first of many birthdays this month! :)

What did you do this weekend?!



11 comments:

Lindsey Let the Light Shine Blog said...

Ohhh I love Maggiano's! You look so pretty in that picture! Your hair is gorgeous! I'm glad you had a good long weekend :)

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I so wish my high school would have done a ten year reunion I would have loved to see everyone!

lavenderpug said...

you are one hot mama!

J and A said...

You hair is stunning!!! Looking SO good mama! I love that you just enjoyed coffee with he played! :)

Nicole said...

Ah looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Your hair was sooooooo cute!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, I was sick (but probably not as sick as you) over the long weekend, too!! Love the pic of you and your sis!

Gabriella said...

Your hair looks amazing! Love it!!

Jessica Lynn said...

I can't remember the last time I got all dolled up—you look great!!

Sara said...

My husband (who is younger than me) is having his 15 year reunion in a few weeks. I am SO old!! You look fabulous, love. What a fun weekend.

kjpugs said...

That's so fun that you got to go with your sister!!!! You ladies looked gorgeous!!!!

kjpugs said...

That's so fun that you got to go with your sister!!!! You ladies looked gorgeous!!!!

Post a Comment