Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday!!

Linking up again this week with DarciAprilChristina, and Natasha for Five on Friday! 


ONE.
The number of my nieces that have a birthday today!! I can hardly believe that Quorra is already two. Wasn't it just yesterday I was crying in El Charro when my sister told me she was pregnant and couldn't drink on vacation that year? (I was probably  more upset about the latter. She's a great drinking partner.)





Happy 2nd birthday to the little girl that made me an aunt. I didn't know I could love so greatly until you came along.

TWO.
The number of pounds I lost again this week, which is shocking considering I ate fried chicken and cupcakes for dinner last night. We were in a rush and I didn't have time to cook so my husband picked up some fried chicken. The cupcakes? Well, I have no excuse for that. I was baking them for this weekend and I had to taste test them right? RIGHT?! Quality control.

THREE.
The amount of weeks until vacation!! I can't wait to get back to the Outer Banks and unwind. As I've mentioned before, it's been a hectic, stressful few months around here and I'm so ready for life to slow down. Unfortunately, we have a lot to do before and after vacay so vacation will be more like a pause in the crazy. 


FOUR.
The number of  Sookie Stackhouse books I finished in the last two weeks which means I finally and reluctantly finished the entire series. It's always kinda sad when you finish the last book in a series you love and let me tell you -I LOVED the Sookie Stackhouse books, especially the last three. Things really came together and got interesting for me, the middle books were starting to make me yawn, but I'm glad I pushed through because the ending was fantastic. I only wish the producers of the show would take some of the storylines from the books! The whole fae war would have made an amazing edition on True Blood. 


FIVE.
The amount of babies that will be together this weekend to celebrate Quorra (and my cousin Nicole's!) birthday. It's always so much fun when my cousins come to visit, they're two of my best friends and the fact that we all have babies close in age makes our bond that much stronger. I can't wait to hang out with all these cool kids!



OMG, they're all so tiny!!! Now Brody and Quorra, on the left, are TWO! GAH!

13 comments:

Maria Falls said...

Ah! I'm so jealous of your Outer Banks vacation! I've been counting down the days until mine next year. Something about that place :)

Congrats on the two pounds! I've been trying to lose a few el bees as well and nothing is working! Darn you stress :)

KatiePerk said...

Awesome! Enjoy your vacay! That last pic cracks me up!! I want cupcakes and fried chicken!

Jess Beer said...

Yay for losing 2 pounds! And happy birthday to Quorra!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

Awe! I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays!! And congrats on losing 2 pounds! You are clearly a rock star!

lavenderpug said...

happy birthday quorra! glad you have a vacation shortly ahead to reward you after this busy period!

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on the last Sookie Stackhouse book but I know I will be sad about it when I do!

Lindsey Let the Light Shine Blog said...

I love how you did this! I can't believe your niece is TWO! Time is just flying! I just finished a series of 23 and it was hard to start another book. I hope the time flies before your vacation and stands still during :)

Amber said...

Quorra is precious!! happy birthday to her.

Fried chicken & cupcakes sound like the perfectly balanced meal to me. I mean, obviously you're doing something right losing 2 lbs!

Sara said...

Happy birthday Quorra! And congrats on the 2 pounds. I'm jealous. I think I gained around 4 this weekend with all the beer, burgers and funnel cake I ate. Mmmmm...

Leigh said...

Happy belated birthday to your niece! Love the picture of all of the babes...so cute! Hope you had a great weekend :)

Jessica Lynn said...

congrats on the weight loss and how exciting about a vacation!! I'm itching for a vacation after this move is finally over. That place looks dreamy!

Hilary said...

Can you take me with you on vacation??? Pretty please!

kjpugs said...

Congrats on the 2lbs, hot stuff! And OMG when did Quorra become so old? THE CHILDREN MUST STOP GROWING! Crazyness!!!!

Post a Comment