Friday, September 20, 2013

Five On Friday!

Linking up again this week with DarciAprilChristina, and Natasha for Five on Friday! 




ONE:
Things are moving forward in our house hunting adventures and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an end is in sight. It's been a stressful few months weeks and I can only hope and pray that we can get moved soon. I know this is all very vague but I'm trying not to get my hopes up over here. Stay tuned, I'm hoping to have lots of updates for you soon! 


TWO
A girl that also works for the county school system here was selling these old blue Mason jars this week and I HAD TO snatch a few up. 


Pinterest is probably to blame but so is Jacin at Lovely Little Details (said entirely with love J!!). I would have bought the whole lot she was selling if I could but I wasn't sure what I'd use them for. Rent them out to brides? Decorate the entire house with them? I dunno but in the end, I purchased three half-gallon blue Masons and I'm elated. I'll probably just use them as vases around the house for now but do tell if you have any other creative ideas!!

THREE:
I'm incredibly excited to have nothing planned this weekend. As I said, the last few weeks have been nutty so I'm glad to be able to relax and do a whole lot of nothing before things pick up again next month. October is packed full of photography sessions, birthday fun and hopefully moving! 

FOUR
Last week, I signed up to participate in a weight loss contest here at work. I'm not one to post sweaty, gym pictures or my weight but to keep myself accountable, I might mention my progress every now and again. This week, (despite not hitting the gym as regularly as I usually do) I lost 2.4 pounds. I was SHOCKED and pleasantly so!!! A few friends have stepped up their workout/eating routines so I hope we can keep each other motivated. My goal was to do a 10k in the Spring... but we'll see. ;) What are you doing to stay healthy these days? 

My biggest motivator, Maria, and I after one of our many 5k adventures :)

FIVE: 
Several of my friends have such good news to tell lately and it makes my heart so happy. I can only hope the good news continues for some more loves in my life. I'm anxiously awaiting on engagement and baby news from several friends. All I can do is pray!

Happy weekend and TGIF! 

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Good list. Yeah because of Jacin I went and found the anniversary blue mason jars this spring. I bought 3 pkgs of them and we're using them as drinking glasses :)

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

Congrats on then healthy challenge! That is awesome! As long as you have a way to stay motivated you will be a total rock star! :-)

And best of luck on the house! fingers crossed, for sure!

Jennifer said...

Good for you for taking on the healthy challenge! What am I doing to stay healthy these days? NOTHING. It's terrible, but I'm so low on sleep and energy, and it's sooooo dark at 4:30am. Hopefully it'll cool off here in AZ soon so I can start running at lunch time at work again.

LWLH said...

Good luck on all the house stuff, I know how stressful those types of things can be.

Leigh said...

Ah hope all goes well with the house hunting! Love those jars too. Have a great weekend!

J and A said...

Love those mason jars! Good work on the healthy challenge and all house related stuff. You got this!

kjpugs said...

LOOOVE that picture of you and Maria! I wish I could hang out with you guys!!!! You are some of my favorites! And I hope I have baby news for you SOON!!!!!

kjpugs said...

LOOOVE that picture of you and Maria! I wish I could hang out with you guys!!!! You are some of my favorites! And I hope I have baby news for you SOON!!!!!

Lindsey Let the Light Shine Blog said...

Ohh how exciting! Good luck with the house stuff :) And congrats on the weight loss!

Anni said...

So happy for you that things are going well with the house! I can't wait to see photos of the new place once you get your hands on styling it. :)

Post a Comment