Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday

Today is dragging. It's putting the "fried" in Friday (see what I did there?) and I'm so ready for the weekend. We have a low key few days in store, cleaning around the house and my BFF's barbecue on Sunday, which will be fun. Otherwise, I'm excited to be lazy with my boys!

Linking up again this week with DarciAprilChristina, and Natasha for Five on Friday! 


ONE.
It's already September (how?!) and the weather is already cooling off here in Virginia. The sun isn't up when my alarm goes off and my windows are foggy and coffee tastes extra delicious. Everyone's making pumpkin spiced goodies and I've already seen glimpses of leggings on Instagram. All of this means Fall is officially here and before you know it, it'll be Halloween! I've got no idea what Noah will be yet but I am leaning toward a pirate in a pirate ship (made from a wagon). 



TWO.
Fall also means football season is here.... and I feel left out because I'm so not  a sports girl. My husband is a big college football junkie and avid Virginia Tech fan so I root for them to make him happy but otherwise, all I know is that football means tailgating and tailgating means good food and beer and really, that's what matters right?

THREE.
This morning on the Elvis Duran Morning Show, they were asking listeners to play "Do, Marry or Kill" and the options were Miley Cyrus, Amanda Bynes and Justin Bieber. Basically, you have to do one, marry one and kill one... um, tough call because I'm not a fan of any of them at the current moment!

Which would you do, marry or kill?

FOUR.
September is "birthday month" in my family. Looking at my calendar right now, there are seven birthdays within two weeks alone. This week, I made my friend Kristin her birthday dinner which consisted of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and the Pioneer Woman's green bean casserole. I was a little hesitant making a cheese sauce for my green beans but I kid you not - my life has been changed. I wish I had been making my green bean casserole this way my entire life.


This is her original version that contains pimentos and onions - both of which I omitted - and I used french fried onions like I normally would. Let me just tell you, I will never make green beans with cream of mushroom soup again!!

FIVE.
I'm officially out of topics... so... have a good weekend!

12 comments:

kjpugs said...

LOVE the pirate idea! And um... the do/marry/kill is TORTUROUS. I would have NO idea who to choose! Beiber is the least objectionable, that tells you how bad that list is!

kjpugs said...

LOVE the pirate idea! And um... the do/marry/kill is TORTUROUS. I would have NO idea who to choose! Beiber is the least objectionable, that tells you how bad that list is!

Mrs. Jones said...

There is NOT a good answer to do/marry/kill....

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I am excited to learn of this recipe, in Sweden cream of mushroom soup is mega expensive but I have been missing green bean casserole so badly!

Kristin Lam said...

I finally got to read your post and that was the most yummy green bean casserole EVER!!!!!!

Jessica Lynn said...

"Fried" in Friday. HILARIOUS!!! lol.

Amber said...

The pirate idea for Halloween is adorable!

So glad I'm not the only one who feels left out around football season. I just go to the watch parties for the food and beer, obvs.

lavenderpug said...

love the arrival of fall, but not a fan of leaving for work when it's still dark outside.

noah would be adorable as a pirate!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, Noah would be ADORABLE as a pirate!! So cute!

Brooke said...

Yay for fall and birthday month!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

Wow that casserole looks amazing! Yum!! And September is a great month for birthdays!:-)

ricky albert danganan said...

Hello there,

We would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in www.mytaste.com/ . Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and it deserves to be included on the Top list!! Great recipes!! We will feature your blog and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fan pages so that people and our 4million users worldwide will be able to check it on our site.

MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 30,000 visits from us on a weekly basis.
Here where you can add your blog to the top list http://www.mytaste.com/top-food-blogs

EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!!The World deserves to know how great a cook you are.

Kind regards
-Ricky
info@mytaste.com

Post a Comment