Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Francisco! That's fun to say!

The title of this post has nothing to do with my actual post.

I've come to the decision that I will title each of my blog entries from now until Christmas, with a quote from Elf. Since it is the best Christmas movie ever. That and Christmas Vacation. But I think I only like that movie because my dad kind of reminds me of Clark Griswold...only with a mustache.

Okay, maybe not so much. But they act alike sometimes.

Um, where was I going with this post?

Okay, question, have you ever heard of The Bear Scratch? If you haven't, take a second and watch:


You may recognize this guy, it's Balloon Boy's dad. Well, while I was at my friend's house the other night for our gift exchange, she had purchased one of these Bear Scratch posts for her dad. I'm not even kidding you.

Michelle with her prized purchase.

 Travis, skillfully demonstrating the benefits of the product. 

Truthfully? It's just a log with brackets on the end but if you ask Michelle, she'll swear she got a deal when she "Bear Sized" her order and got 2 for $30. It's a hilarious gift though, her dad is gonna love it.

I had a blast with my girls on Monday night and am so glad we had our annual roommate dinner, even if I don't live there anymore, I know the 3020 always be my home. Well, until someone we don't know takes over the lease, in which case, I don't think they'll like the idea of me breaking in just to borrow a shirt when no one's home. 

(From left to right: Travis with her girlfriend, former roommate Angela. My sister, Heather and her husband, Romeo. Michelle (current resident) with her boyfriend, Steven. Then there's Lindsey (current resident) and myself.) 
Kevin had lodge so he missed all the fun.

I'm lucky I got that picture, I had to force them to get off there butts so I could take it.
They're good fakers though, with smiles all around.

24 comments:

Ashley said...

Francisco...

The bear scratch is hilarious!

Deepali said...

Just watched NL's Christmas Vacation last week. It makes you want to do the big Christmas doesn't it?
"You sit on your throne of lies!"
Love Elf!

Sean said...

Elf is an awesome movie!

Balloon boys dad is even more obnoxious than the slap chop/shamwow guy!

Mireya said...

Francisco, that is my uncle's name! But we call him Paco.

I LOVE ELF. I watch it at least 3x a week during the holidays!

I think using a quote from Elf for your post titles this month is an AWESOME idea!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

LOVE Elf, already watched it twice this holiday season.

Mrs. Adventure said...

I LOVE ELF, I have the DVD and have already watched it three times this month... I bet I till hit 6-7 before its over :+)

Looking forward to the next title...

lavenderpug said...

never heard of bear scratch, but i kinda think my dad would like a gift like that. me? i'll take a gift certificate for a massage at a spa.

steph c said...

I love you for having Elf titles =D

That is seriously too funny about the bear scratch.. I seriously lol'd at the "bear sized" upgrade, hah! No idea why, it just cracks me up.

Looks like you and your friends had fun! Mine always hate me bc I too tend to force them to let me take pictures. Oh well, they can deal ;)

Erika Grover said...

Elf IS the BEST xmas movie & that is a great idea! hehe

Cute post!

J and A said...

SO love elf. Best movie EVA!

Jessica said...

Haha! I LOVE Elf! That movie, Christmas Vacation & Home Alone are my all-time favorite Christmas movies!

Kristin - Mrs. Glasses said...

Elf is my favorite! And I've totally seen that bear scratcher thing pondered over it!

Nicole said...

wow, interesting... a bear scratcher.... is the ridgy so that it gives room for scratching?

Jennifer B said...

ELF. IS. AMAZING!

Tiffany said...

That is hysterical! At least she's thinking out of the box on her gifts this year! ha. Looks like y'all had tons of fun!

Candace said...

That is hilarious! I've seen the video of the bear before...but balloon boy's dad hawking the bear scratcher....too much! Having said that, it's a great gift that my dad would have totally loved to have. I'm glad you had a great time with your friends. You look great in the photo!

Happy Wednesday,
Candace

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love Elf & Christmas Vacation... probably my two favorites of the holidays! I also think your dad kind of resembles Mr. Griswald! :)

Christina said...

Yesss I love Elf quotes!

"This place reminds me of Santa's workshop... except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me."

Feel free to use that one ;) Oh and the bear scratch is outrageous!

lifewithacrazypup said...

Elf was just on TV last night! You know we were watching it!!!!

Nicole J said...

SANTA! Oh my God! Santa's coming! I know him! I know him!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I love Elf too. I need to watch it again.

Meagan said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe balloon boy's dad is selling that! it is weird. he is weird. hilarious! love elf!

Morgan said...

Oh man, if my dad were more mobile, he would love that bear scratch thing! But because he walks with a cane and can't get up easily, he keeps a big pasta ladle next to his chair.

P.S. I love the movie Elf!

Dancy said...

Hah - the bear scratch is funny. I love Christmas Vacation - I watch it all year long. My BFF's Dad looks a lot like Clark G too. LOL

Post a Comment